Students Deserve Our Complete Attention
Children go farther when you respect the different ways they learn, value their academic, emotional, and social needs, and motivate their growth as learners and individuals. Whether we’re learning together on campus or learning from a distance, Willow provides a level of individual attention other schools can’t match. Here’s why:
- We’re small by design. A maximum of 14 students in Lower School classes and 16 in Middle School classes is how every Willow student is known by their teacher and the entire school community. Our smaller size also allows ample class time for one-on-one student-teacher interaction and small group work.
- Teachers go above and beyond. Students have unparalleled access to faculty, whether we’re learning on campus or online. Teachers meet regularly with students, in and outside of the classroom, to offer support, track progress, offer individual help and guidance on class projects, set goals, and more.
- Our classes are infused with joy. Children pay attention and are most focused when they are excited about what they are learning. Even as Willow emphasizes higher-order thinking skills in challenging classes, the lessons are always joyful and relevant to students’ lives.
- Technology is balanced. Willow integrates technology into live and virtual classrooms thoughtfully. We balance screen time and structure our school day to engage students in meaningful conversation, tactile learning, outdoor play, and exploration of the natural world.
- Unrivaled school culture. When individual students have an entire community standing behind them, they excel in academics, extracurriculars, leadership, and service to others. That’s why so many Willow graduates credit our Virtues Program and supportive school community with their success. Watch an example of our Morning Gatherings, held at the start of every school day, to see how we reflect upon virtues such as courage, wisdom, gentleness, and humility as a community.
Whether you are exploring kindergarten, middle school options or grades in between, Willow will open your eyes to all education can and should be. Use the form to start a conversation with Director of Enrollment Management Lisa VanderVeen, or learn more about Willow Together, our connected learning model for Fall HERE.
Let’s Start a Conversation
Please submit the form below and our Director of Enrollment Management Lisa VanderVeen will connect with you.