We seek your participation in this important endeavor. On Saturday, January 26th from 8:30 to 11:30 am, we will hold the first of two working group meetings in the studio, to which we are inviting members of our community
— past and present parents and middle school students, faculty, administrative staff, Advisory Board, Trustees, all committee members, and community members with an interest in the mission and vision of The Willow School. Our goal is to gather the ideas and insights of those who have a stake in the future of The Willow School.
The January 26th meeting will begin with an overview of the strategic planning process presented by Head of School Kate Burke Walsh and President of the Board of Trustees, David Donovan. We will then break out into working groups defined by the focus areas in the strategic planning overview. We ask that you identify a primary and a secondary working group that particularly interests you so we can attempt to accommodate your preference when constructing the working groups.
The working groups’ focus areas and some fundamental concepts within each are as follows:
Educational Experience Working Group
• The Willow School expands and evolves the traditional definition of education
• The Willow School emphasizes the whole child approach to education in all plans and actions
• The Willow School incorporates concepts of health, wellness and nutrition with in the educational program and through experiential learning
• The Willow School’s curriculum is designed to integrate academic content areas.
Education for Sustainability Working Group
• The Willow School is committed to developing the means to regenerate ecological relationships within our environment
• The Willow School promotes understanding of the broad scope of sustainability and regeneration to include economic, ethical, and environmental matters
Marketing and Growth of the School Working Group
• The Willow School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality student body, faculty, and staff
• The Willow School’s growth is based on maintaining its sense of purpose and community
Campus Development Working Group
• The Willow School adheres to its mission to understand and further the legacy of place and presence
• The Willow School is committed to utilizing sustainable methods of development and construction in designing and building its physical plant
Financial Means Working Group
• The Willow School is committed to financial stability and independence
• The Willow School seeks to maintain a diverse economic population
Moreover, every working group will be asked to contemplate and incorporate our commitment to making ethical choices in our everyday lives. Specifically, we want to ensure that ethical relationships are reflected in all aspects of the school community.
Please join us on January 26th (rain date: February 2nd). This is your opportunity, as a member of a working group, to contribute ideas about other fundamental concepts, develop goals for which we should strive, and detail action items to achieve the goals; in short, to influence the future of The Willow School.
The strategic planning process is a critical component of The Willow School’s future. Your contributions are essential. To become part of the process; please go to the link below to specify which working group you would like to join https://docs.google.com/a/willowschool.org/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHpnSDFzZGU0MElBM29IUF9fdlpPTFE6MQ
Hoping to see you on Saturday, January 26th.
Very truly yours,
Chair, Strategic Planning Committee