Work at Willow
At Willow, we believe that every learning experience should have an intellectual and ethical purpose. We believe that experiential learning that is joyful, inquiry-based, and relevant to children’s lives forms the foundation students need to achieve academic excellence. We believe schools should “walk the talk” when it comes to ethical living, which is why our Virtues Program is embedded into everything we do.
If our approach to education resonates with you, please apply to current openings.
Full-Time Kindergarten Assistant Teacher
The Willow School, an independent preschool through grade eight school in Gladstone, NJ, seeks a highly qualified Kindergarten Assistant Teacher for the 2019-20 school year. The appropriate candidates will join a highly dedicated team of lower school homeroom and specials teachers. The ideal candidates will not only be talented teachers, but will be a solid fit for The Willow School’s mission and community.
The ideal candidate will:
- Assist the head teacher by performing tasks including but not limited to recess, lunch, and dismissal duties.
- Develop, organize, and implement lessons under the supervision of the head teacher.
- Maintain classroom supplies and help keep the classroom clean.
- Assist with record keeping, such as taking attendance.
- Reinforce lessons led by the head teacher and review materials with students one-on-one.
- Demonstrate outstanding teamwork and collaboration with all members of the Willow faculty.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills with parents, students, and colleagues.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in early Childhood or Elementary Education or extensive experience in preschool/elementary school settings.
- Experience and training in Montessori approach a plus.
Reading Specialist and Librarian
The Willow School, an independent preschool through grade eight school in Gladstone, NJ, seeks one highly qualified Reading Specialist and Librarian for our Lower School to provide reading support and oversee our library for the 2019-20 school year. The ideal candidate will not only be a talented elementary school teacher or certified reading specialist, but will be a solid fit for The Willow School’s mission and community. Orton-Gillingham certification is a requirement for this position. As reading specialist and librarian, you will:
- Teach individual or small group reading lessons.
- Manage the school library.
- Help teachers analyze data from language arts assessments to diagnose reading strengths and weaknesses and match these skills with appropriate techniques.
- Work with classroom teachers to facilitate the coordination of the reading curriculum.
- Provide assessment/early screening for reading interventions.
- Support use of Orton-Gillingham methods in Lower School classrooms.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Substitute Teachers
The Willow School, an independent preschool through grade eight school in Gladstone, New Jersey, seeks highly qualified substitute teachers for the school year. Appropriate candidates will join a highly dedicated team of teachers of all grade levels. Our school curriculum centers on ethics, ecology, and excellence. Ideal candidates will resonate with this approach. Previous teaching experience required.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Willow School seeks to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.