Work at Willow
At Willow, we believe that every learning experience should have an intellectual and ethical purpose. We believe that experiential learning that is joyful, inquiry-based, and relevant to children’s lives forms the foundation students need to achieve academic excellence. We believe schools should “walk the talk” when it comes to ethical living, which is why our Virtues Program is embedded into everything we do.
If our approach to education resonates with you, please apply to current openings.
Lower & Middle School Spanish Teacher
The Willow School, an independent school in Gladstone, NJ, seeks a full-time Spanish Teacher for preschool through 8th grade beginning in the 2019-2020 school year. This job is for you if:
- You’re a terrific teacher. You’re positive, upbeat, collaborative, and you work intentionally to create mutually respectful relationships. You have and energy that engages and inspires students to work hard, believe in themselves, and achieve more.
- You’re excited about Spanish, and you can’t wait to share this excitement with students. You embrace richness of language and want to engage students in a multi-sensory approach to language instruction.
- You’re aspirational. Your idealism is showing! You set big goals for yourself and for your students, and you’re always looking for ways to improve your own game.
- You’re willing to get in the trenches. You understand that learning a new language takes not only hard work and good habits on the part of a student, it also requires patience, purpose, and day-in/day-out passion on the part of a teacher.
- You believe in the power of community. You know that the best education engages many partners working well together. You’re eager to collaborate and learn from colleagues and students alike.
- You are an ethical person. At Willow, the bar is high for teachers and students as we all aspire to live a virtuous life. You readily embrace this expectation and the engagement required from us all.
- You have a proven track record of meeting challenges head-on. You know how to plan, collaborate with others, persevere, and stay positive.
- You’re eager to integrate our incredible buildings and 30+ acre campus into your teaching. Willow has a rich devotion to sustainability, and a respectful relationship with nature. You’re brimming with ideas for how to use this campus toward stronger understanding of language.
- You have a wide range of interests and are ready to engage with students. While teaching Spanish will be your primary activity, you’re also eager to jump into other activities, like coaching, advising, running an elective or after-school club, or organizing special events on campus.
Does this sound like you? Then submit your materials right away. Please supply a resume, cover letter, and two references to our employment line at firstname.lastname@example.org. A bachelor’s degree in Spanish or Foreign Language instruction is preferred. Great enthusiasm for teaching and learning Spanish is necessary. In your cover letter, please reflect on how you might contribute to Willow’s mission and momentum.
Build your resume working with a mission-driven non-profit as you hone your marketing skills! The ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, and devoted to telling a good story. He or she will be a college student studying marketing, possess excellent writing and communication skills, and be up on the latest social media marketing trends. Photography and videography experience is a plus!
At Willow, we believe in student-directed learning, so it should come as no surprise that you will have the ability to craft the experience you want from this internship. We are looking for someone interested in brainstorming campaigns and leading projects that you design, working closely with Willow’s Director of Marketing to primarily create social media and email campaigns, write and publish blogs on the school’s website, and write and submit press releases to media outlets.
You will have the opportunity to get hands-on, day-to-day experience with tangible outcomes that you can add to your portfolio, while simultaneously learning more about creating and following a year-long marketing strategy that includes digital and traditional media.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and sharing content on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Developing and executing strategies to grow Willow’s social media audience
- Brainstorming, researching, and writing blogs for the school’s website
- Writing and submitting press releases, including video-based press packages
- Assisting with writing, designing, and sending weekly e-newsletters
This part-time internship will include some time each week on Willow’s campus in Gladstone, NJ, although some work can be completed remotely. Please include your weekly availability to be on campus, to the best of your knowledge, in your cover letter. Send your cover letter and resume to Kerri O’Malley, Willow’s Director of Marketing & Communications, at email@example.com.
Part-time Substitute Teachers
The Willow School, an independent preschool through grade eight school in Gladstone, New Jersey, seeks highly qualified substitute teachers for the school year. Appropriate candidates will join a highly dedicated team of teachers of all grade levels. Our school curriculum centers on ethics, ecology, and excellence. Ideal candidates will resonate with this approach. Previous teaching experience required.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Willow School seeks to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.